Company of the month 10/2018: Borealis

Borealis

Borealis is a leading provider of innovative solutions in the fields of polyolefins, base chemicals and fertilizers. With its head office in Vienna, Austria, the company currently has around 6,600 employees and operates in over 120 countries. Borealis generated EUR 7.5 billion in sales revenue and a net profit of EUR 1,095 million in 2017. Mubadala, through its holding company, owns 64% of the company, with the remaining 36% belonging to Austria- based OMV, an integrated, international oil and gas company. Borealis provides services and products to custom- ers around the world in collaboration with Borouge, a joint venture with the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC).

Borealis is underpinned by company values that reinforce employee engagement. These values remind us of our individual worth and the benefits of collaborating as a team.
· We take responsibility for our work and the communities in which we operate.
· We collaborate and communicate with respect for each other.
· We deliver the best possible outcomes, aiming to exceed expectations in everything we do.
· We are fit, fast and flexible, creating openings and seizing opportunities with our NimblicityTM.

Borealis has three production sites in Belgium, in Beringen, Kallo and Zwijndrecht and a service center in Meche- len with approximately 900 employees.

· In Beringen, Borealis has two polypropylene (PP) plants and a compounding plant with a total polyolefin production capacity of 385,000 tonnes per year. Approximately 380 employees work there.

· In Kallo, Borealis produces up to 300.000 tonnes of polypropylene. It also operates a dehydrogenation unit to convert propane to propylene at 480.000 tonnes per year.
On October 6, 2018 Borealis announced the final investment decision for a new, world-scale propane de- hydrogenation (PDH) plant in Kallo. This important investment in our European assets fully supports the Borealis strategy to be a leading supplier of innovative polypropylene solutions and propylene to our cus- tomers in Europe. The PDH plant will have a targeted production capacity of 750 Kiloton per year, making it one of the largest and most efficient facilities in the world. The plant is scheduled to start up in the first half of 2022.

· In Zwijndrecht, Borealis produces up to 65.000 tonnes of compounds for low-density polyethylene per year.

The main areas of application of our products are wire and cable, advanced packaging, hygienic and electronic applications, as well as applications in the automotive sector.

Interested to know more about Borealis? Look at our website: www.borealisgroup.com

The winner of our Company of the month puzzle of Borealis is Koen Van Dael. He won a price provided by Borealis.

Koen Van Dael

Comments are closed.